OptumHealth’s Wellness Coaching program focuses on creating lasting behavior changes and consumer satisfaction.
People at all stages of health can benefit from coaching – from those who want help maintaining health to those who are at risk of developing, or already have chronic conditions. Of those who achieved a key outcome in our weight management program, 66 percent1 lost between 1-5 percent of their body weight and over 90 percent2 of members are satisfied with our programs and would recommend them to a friend.
1 Based on 2008 book of business weight management coaching program.
2 Based on book of business reports on members that completed one wellness coaching program.
Our program identifies ten times more at-risk individuals and drives engagement through market-leading innovations, without relying on costly incentives. These innovations include: identifying at-risk people from claims and onsite screenings, a dedicated wellness consultant team, ongoing consumer communications, an open coaching model for anyone who wants to be coached and reporting with behavior change metrics. Coaches are trained in multiple areas, but focus on diabetes lifestyle, nutrition, exercise, stress management and heart health lifestyle.
Wellness Coaching is for everyone because:
- We coach anyone that wants help — low, moderate and high risk individuals
- Our coaches identify individuals through multiple methods such as claims, on-site screenings, self-referral, program referral and health assessment
- Members can enroll in more than one program per year
- We offer Spanish-speaking coaches and can engage those who speak any of 150 languages through our translation services
- Phone, mail and online coaching provide the level of support and intensity needed
Wellness Coaching Benefits organizations because:
- Healthier, happier employees are more loyal which adds to the bottom line
- We report behavior change through more than 60 specific metrics for benefits planning
- Our multiple identification methods reach individuals when they are most willing to make a change, thus increasing success rates